Girl Scout Resident Camp - Girl Scouts of Northern California
Come spend a week at Camp Butano Creek!
- Camp Butano Creek is nestled in the wooded foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains in San Mateo County. We are located outside the town of Pescadero near Butano State Park. At Butano Creek, campers can explore ocean beaches, adventure into the wonders of a redwood forest, gaze at the night skies, create arts and crafts projects, eat great food and play in the magical places found at the base of majestic redwood trees. Campers sleep either in a modern sleeping shelter or in tents (older campers). Flush toilets and hot showers are provided.
- Camp Butano Creek is owned by the Girl Scouts of Northern California with this program sponsored by the Crossroads Service Unit of Dublin, Pleasanton and Sunol. However, you do not have to be a Girl Scout or even live in Northern California to attend Camp Butano Creek. All girls entering grades 4-12 in the Fall of 2013 are welcome.
- Who are the staff?
- Our staff members are caring, enthusiastic, well-trained adult volunteers, including troop leaders, moms, creative adults and specially trained young adults. Our counselor-to-camper ratio averages one to five.
- What do campers do?
- Our program is geared toward promoting self-esteem in an outdoor setting, including hiking, cookouts, campfires, arts and crafts, games, singing, science and nature. With the beautiful Pacific coastline just minutes away from our site, we are able to offer exciting and unique marine activities including surfing lessons, kayaking, tide pooling, and backpacking through the coastal mountains. Campers entering 11th or 12th grade may enroll in our Counselor-In-Training program.
- What's included?
- Camp fees include all program activities, food, insurance, t-shirt and a camp patch. Transportation to and from the camp is the responsibility of camper parents.
- Safety and Health Standards:
- Camp Butano Creek is operated in accordance with Girl Scout U.S.A. Resident Camp standards for health, safety, site, program and personnel. Qualified health supervisors are on site. Special Foods: We are able to accommodate some special dietary needs. Please note any special needs on camper registration form.